Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:ksQFe.2737$_u5.2491@trndny03...

"Carolina Breeze HVAC" wrote in message

Su
No one knows how to size em right, they think that if they get that
little 99$ one at Lowes, its gonna work forever, none of the sizing
charts, if you want to call them that state anything much more than room
size..no insulation values, nothing..
They are noisy, vibrate too much and are heavy..lol...

I always regarded you as a knowledgeable person, but is itseems you are
also an elitist.

In many climates it is plain silly to spend $10,000 for central AC when a
window shaker works for the 10 or 20 days a year it is really hot.

Cripes man...
10 grand for a central air units really pushing the envelope right
now....well, maybe not, but still, when you can get a package unit, with
duct installed in the 12SEER 3 ton range for under $3000 in some places,
well, it just makes sense to get one.
Window shakers have their place. And ironicaly enough, I just had to pull
one and reinstall a new one for a resturant that is in a building that
central AC is all but impossible due to the landlord. The landlord lives
above the cafe, and the clothing store and THEY have central air, but will
not allow them below to have it.

The problem I have and I think you missed it, and if you did, its partially
my fault..something about loosing a sense of humor when its 113F out and
everyone thinks you are superman for 48 hours, is that when you, the average
person, goes to Lowes, Home Depot, or gasp..Wally World, you have no idea
what you are looking at NORMALLY, in the sense of what will this do REALLY?
You can take two 21,000BTU units, different makes and different air flow
designs, and while both should remove 21K one might have better airflow than
the other, makig it seem that its cooling faster, altho, both are indeed
removing the same amount of heat.
Then, you have the sizing issue...some places only need a few thousand BTUs
while others will need much more. Many people just look at the price, and
maybe, thats maybe the little sizing chart that they might, or might not
have at the store.
Granted, not many people can or will take the time to get a load calc done
for a window unit, but sometimes, it can be the difference of it working,
and not working to your satisfaction.
Point being, IF you didnt size it right, and IF its worked fine till the
temps hit 90+F, then if it seems not to be cooling right, its not the units
fault.
They still suck tho..lol..after lifting that 2.5ton heat pump unit into that
window myself, I would have rather moved a 5 ton heat pump package unit
solo.....and yes..I did on Sat..LOL...