Member TPVFD

Bob G. wrote:
my local phone company discontinued their intercom feature that
allowed my wife to call me in the shop using our phone ... So I need
to find another method for her to call me...

I am retired and spend hours in the shop and most of the time I have
some machine running and can not hear anything... To fix that I
placed 4 Radio Shack Strobe lights on the walls of the shop which
flashed when the phone rang... That worked...

My cell phone also works but to be honest I always forget to stick in
in my pocket when I go down to the shop...

Family Radio work BUT I can never hear them'..
Old regular intercom never worked before since ...you guessed it I
could not hear her calling)

Any suggestions....I really like to be on time when dinner is ready

Bob G.

You could buy a pair of surpluss TA312/AT field telephones from Fair
radio sales or any other surplus dealer. They are also sold on Ebay.
They will work over any pair of wires and since they produce standard
ringing current they should work with your existing strobe lights.
http://www.fairradio.com/ta-312.htm is a picture of one.
--
Tom Horne