Harry

"SQLit" wrote:

"Harry" :7501 wrote in message

Hello,
Can someone tell me where on the Internet ican get pictures of wall

switches.
Iam trying to replace a switch in my bathroom that seems to control, at

least
as far as i know, two things: the ceiling exhaust fan and the ceiling

light.
The ceiling light was originally wired for a timer swithch for the heat
lamp that was in this now ceiling light. I had the timer switch and heat
bulb removed so that i could screw in a Titanium-Dioxide, coated bulb

because
of the mold in the bathroom (Florida etc.), and this switch sits alone

under
the double switch above it which control the medicine cabinet lights and
sockets on the left side of the double switch, and the ceiling fan on

the
right side, or at least that is what i thought until i went to install

the
new switch which seems broken. The switch iam trying to replace seems

have two white wires and one black wire and probably no groundwire. After
installing the new switch, i found this switch, not only, in some strange
manner, controls the ceiling fan and at the same time the switch which

controls
the ceiling, light socket where is now the Titanium Dioxide, light, bulb.
In other words the double switch has one side controlling the ceiling

fan
and another light switch in no way visually connected, as they are about
1 and 1/2 inches apart and not in the same electrical box - the ceiling,
light switch is under the double switch.

When i installed the new switch, it worked the ceiling fan fine, however
the ceiling light wouldnot work on the new switch. The new switch is just
a plain (to the best of my knowledge)wall. switch.

I guess google is broken?
maybe it is a double pole single throw switch.

Tying the "white wires" together and landing on the switch you purchased
may solve your problem. I am a tad confused with the description.

Hello,
Iam the one on the coputer asking the questions and the other guy is the
one doing the "work", so that is why itis so confusing: neither i know what
iam talking about nor does the other guy know what he is doing, however THANK
YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! that was the answer. He couldnot get both wires
into that little clamp hole, so tied the other white wire to the screw that
tightens that clamp hole where the first, white wire is in. Again i say:
thank you. You saved the day . . . now for the toilet . . .

The Worlds Uncensored News Source