Doug Kanter

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message

Vibration is certainly a possibility, but we're aware of it (I wrote the
FAQ on that! ;-), and some of the lights that are dying aren't anywhere
near floor
space likely to have much vibration. CFs on the same area (in previous
ceiling mounted J-boxes, same switches) also _seemed_ to have a relatively
shortened lifespan.

In case you want to spend a few bucks to prove or disprove the vibration
theory, Home Depot carries an incandescent bulb by Philips, specifically
labeled for use in ceiling fans. My fan was blowing bulbs almost weekly due
to a nasty vibration transmitted through the ceiling from the monster of an
exhaust fan in the bathroom 20 feet away. (I'll be dealing with that later
this summer). I switched to the Philips bulbs - problem gone. They're 40
watt bulbs, shaped like normal lamp bulbs, but maybe 30-40% smaller in size.
Might be worth a shot.