Rick

wrote in message
ups.com...
on a side note... can some one really quick give me some figures..

my house has 2 AC units a 4 ton and a 2 Ton... How much power do

they
draw. when they run?
the 4 ton is for the 1 st floor 2/3 of the house, and the 2 ton is

for
the second floor 1/3rd of the house.. The reason I am asking is

that, I
found a photograph of the previous owners. who had put a window A/c

in
the master bedroom.. So that got me thinking.. is it economical to

put
it in the master bedroom and run it all night, while the 4 TON A/C

is
off, as it is unecessarily cooling the entire 1st floor ( ie,

kitchen..
, dining,,.etc)

I do have a 5000 btu window , ac., which , if I am not mistaken,
consumes. 550W.

assuming it runs for full 8 hours.. that is 4.4 kwh units..
Now my 4 TON runs atleast 4 hours. each night.. how much does that
translate into. ? But it does keep the kitchen.. living.. dining..

all
cool. . when I wake up in the morning

Well, I guess you could look at your service entrance meter and figure
it out...