Edwin Pawlowski

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a Whirlpool A/C that I bought two years ago that fits in a window.
Consumer Reports gave it a terrific rating. I started using it this summer
in a 10 by 10' room and it seems like it's cooling me pretty well while I'm
at a desk. I have a thermometer in the room that doesn't seem to move from
84 degrees after 30-40 minutes of cooling. What's up?

How large a room? How large an AC? Temperature outside and sun load?

To see if it is cooling put a thermometer on the intake and another on the
outlet and see what the differential is.