meirman

In alt.home.repair on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:14:45 GMT "Joseph Meehan"
posted:

Shaman683 wrote:
It's been real hot in my old house during this heat wave, so I leave
my pedastel mounted electric fan on and the AC off when I go to work.

Do you open the windows and use the fan to blow air out or in a window?
If no you are only making it hotter inside. The fan will consume
electricity and that will all turn to heat inside you home. Fans don't cool
the air, they only make you feel cooler because the air is moving. When you
are not there it does no good.

You said it better than I could. It's amazing how many people miss
this point.

It's a loser all around. OP, you're wasting electricity, you're
wasting the fuel they use to make the electricity, and you're heating
your house.

But I'm proud of you for turning off your AC. That uses more
electricity and some don't even turn it off.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.