DBLEXPOSURE

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
news:LbbHe.1955$va1.630@trndny09...
It's a combination of tones to switch what you are seeing from the
national weather - which everyone sees to the local weather which is
different for each area.

ChrisCoaster wrote:
Sometimes(AND I'M NOT KIDDING!!) there is a "farting" type sound that
comes from the Weather Channel during their "Local on the Eights"
forecasts. I think it happens mostly when they roll the radar loops.

Anyone else notice this - or it it time for me to head to the Home?

; )

-ChrisCoaster

Can't be exactly sure but I bet they are cue tones that the network inserts
to cue local media to insert programming... Normally you are not to hear
them.. Your local cable company has something out of whack....