bridger

Prometheus wrote:
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:02:12 -0500, Tom Banes
wrote:

Botched a quicky piece this weekend and trying to figure out if
there's a fix.....Only carbide
straight bit I had was a ?? old 1/2 incher from Sears. Not burned -
but.

FWIW, that's a nice enough hunk of maple that it may be worth it to
just buy another, higher-quality bit and just carefully take a little
more off with that. If it was some kind of oddball bit, it might not
be worthwhile, but a straight one is always useful. You could sand
it, I'm sure, but it'd be tough and not likely to look as good as a
really nice finishing pass with the router.

my thought was that the next bit would be a ball nose carbide end mill
(core box bit style), 1/4" diameter, in the laminate trimmer, with a
base that rides on the floor of the tray and limits the horizontal
depth of cut to the radius of the bit. this will give you a rounded
inside corner as it cleans up the burn marks.