Doug Miller

In article .com, wrote:
anus detector on

Shall we move this to a newsgroup where it is on-topic?

Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:

No, I'll start with the notion that you had no *valid* reason
for your accusation.

Can you present to us, false information was presented by Clinton
to justify intervention in Bosnia, and Kosovo, or by Bush to justify
intervention in Somalia?

Certainly - the false information was the claim that we needed to go there.
There was *no* national interest of the United States at stake in Bosnia or
Kosovo, and only a tenuous interest, at best, in Somalia.

Remember World War I? Don't you think that peace in Europe is in
the best interest of the US?

Do you mean to suggest that the conflicts in Bosnia and Kosovo in the 90s
threatened the peace of all Europe?

Regardless of how compelling the US interest was, Clinton should
have been impeached for violating the War Powers Act.

Much as I dislike Clinton, I have to disagree with you here - IMO the War
Powers Act is unconstitutional.

I'm lookig for an official casualty statement for the three.
If you find one, let me know, OK?

What US interest was there in Somalia? My guess is that you're
weaseling on Somalia because I reminded you that it was Bush
who sent US troops there and left them without an exit strategy.
ISTM that the US had a stronger interest in the former Yugoslavia
though everyone has an interest anywhere in the world where there
is starvation, genocide or war.

Fine, I'm willing to stipulate that the US had *no* interest in Somalia
either. I'm no fan of Bush the Elder; in fact, I think he was a terrible
President. I was stunned when Reagan chose him as his running mate.

--
Regards,