Christopher Tidy

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I was thinking of making my own air supply. I already have a sandblasting
hood made from combination canvas/rubber. I intend to use about 60 feet of
garden hose with air supplied by an old squirrel cage furnace fan. I will
have to build a plenum for the fan and hook up the hose with duct tape.
Assuming that I get positive pressure to the hood, AND, wear a cartridge
respirator underneath, I think I will be OK and save approx. $800.
Any thoughts from others?

Personally I doubt a furnace fan will develop enough pressure to drive
much air through 60 ft of garden hose. Fans are intended to move a lot
of air at low pressure. I think you'd be better off feeding your mask
from your compressor with a pressure regulator and filter.

Chris