Ivan Vegvary

Thanks Grant! Will try your suggestion.

Ivan Vegvary
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Rescued my lathe after 2 years inside an unheated shop (northwest USA).
Would like to clean the rust off of the handwheels. I would like to spin
the handwheels in the lathe and use steel wool to polish. BUT, how do I
remove the "grip" from the handwheels. Are they press fit? BTW, the
"grips" are the kind that spin while you turn the wheel.

Suggest you try Knorrostol, then Blue Magic. If and only if those don't
work, then try mechanically polishing.

Don't know how to remove your handles - if there's no obvious threading,
then they may be pressed in, or they may be brazed in.

GWE