Just so you know, Lowes doesn't just give work to the lowest bidder.
They actually have a set price list for installers for certain work
performed. There are no bids put in at all. Every contractor that
subs for them gets paid the same price for the same work performed.
And, I'd like to add that they actually pay very well, so you aren't
getting the worst guys.

wrote:
I would just go to a good local guy and see what they offer
you. Home Depot and Lowes both farm out their work to
subcontractors. Why the hell would I want my work farmed out
to the guy who bids the lowest for the job while they make
a profit off of basically doing nothing???

If you dont have any recommendations from other locals who do
siding work, go to a supply place and ask them if they were
going to do work on their own home, who would they use?

Doing a little research into the type and differences is siding
can make a real difference too. Just start doing searches on
the Internet and should find a fortune in information.