Shaman683

Default Fried Fan?

It's been real hot in my old house during this heat wave, so I leave my
pedastel mounted electric fan on and the AC off when I go to work.

When I got home last night, my fan had quit.
It was plugged in OK, and it was still turned on to slow speed.

The plastic motor housing was a little warm, but not dangerously so.

Today, I put a new electric plug on it, but iit appears that wasn't the
problem.

I bought the fan at the Dollar Store about three years ago, and it's
been a little dandy, but she's dead now.

I need some guidance on troubleshooting please.

Thank you!

--Skip