PrecisionMachinisT

"J-Man" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am a new home owner and I am starting to understand why my Dad got
frustrated all those years when something broke in the house. I have
just bought a townhome here in Houston. The compressor units are
mounted on the roof. When the AC starts, there is a loud humming noise
(i assume it is the compressor starting up) for about 15 seconds and
then it drowns out. It cools fine and works great other than the
noise. My neighbor is complaining to me saying it creates to much
noise. What causes this loud hum when it starts? I know that there is
always going to be some kind of hum, when it starts, but this is out of
the ordinary. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated. Thanks.

Suggest let him pay to inspect and fix it, if its indeed broken........

--

SVL