Stormin Mormon

Years ago I had a goose neck lamp over the work bench. Every time I turned
on the grinder, the Phillips light bulb would blow. finally I tried a GE,
which lasted a lot longer.

Try a different brand of bulb, they are not all created equal.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
Yeah, I know, not this topic again... But this is getting ridiculous.

I have a string of about 6 pot fixtures in the basement with BR30
bulbs. The fixtures are switched by a pair of 3 way switches.
The fixtures are open to the air - the ceiling hasn't been
drywalled (yet).

The bulbs are burning out at a very high rate. Within a week
of getting them all working again, at least one goes out, within
another month, usually all of them are dead.

As far as I can remember, these have all been Sylvanias, some
"extended lifetime" (hah!).

Most of the time, a bulb expires when we "flick" (as opposed to
"sloowwly presssss" ;-) one of the threeways. The threeway switches
are relatively newish decora type switches. Probably cheapies -
I'll bet they bounce a lot.

I'm looking for real-world experience here - has anybody solved
lamp burnouts like this by replacing the switches? Are there
line filters for this sort of purpose?

I want to exhaust those possibilities before going on an expensive
quest for more expensive bulbs.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est