Jane & David

In article .com,
"rob" wrote:

I am wondering what to use as the floor of my new sandbox that is under
the kids play system. It is 5' x 5'. Do I want to use landscape fabric,
or make a wood floor? Thanks for the advice. Also, anyone have any
opinions on where to buy sand for the box? How much sand will be needed
to fill a 25 sqft box? What depth should I fill to?

Thanks!
Rob

I don't know what depth you or your kids might want, but here are a
couple of numbers from "Handyman In Your Pocket". Dry sand weighs 100
pounds per cubic foot. So your 5x5 box at a convenient one foot deep
would take 2500 pounds of dry sand (pretty close to one cubic yard [27
cubic feet and 2700 pounds]). Wet sand weighs 120 lbs/ft3, loose sand
weighs 90.

Regards, PDX David