Stephen M

Zinzer is the manufacturer, BIN is the product.

As far as oil-based goes, anything that says "oil-based primer" or "Alkyd
primer" should do. Just be prepared to wait a couple days for it to cure
completely.

-Steve

"sploo" wrote in message
A Zinzer BIN... interesting (sounds like a character from a sci-fi movie

The primer I was using was water based, so I'll have a look into these
(Zinzer and oil) products. What are the brand names of these products in

the
US?

Cheers,

Sploo.

"Stephen M" wrote in message
Prime with a Zinzer BIN. It is shellac-based rather than latex. It sands
well. An oil-based primer would probably work well too, but it would
require
more time to cure before sanding.

-steve