Jim Yanik

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .

I get the impression you would like to live in a lawless society.
There are laws in just about every state about harming domestic
pets,but you would rather act on your own and leave lethal traps
for them(except that the law doesn't see it that way.),in "defense
of your property",rather
than talk to the owner,or get the authorities involved.

Naturally, you know what's best IN THEORY, but I've dealt with
irresponsible dog owners for the past 25 years. There are two types
and ONLY two types:

Type 1: Knows that what they're doing is wrong, but doesn't give a
damn. Type 2: Doesn't realize that they're ****ed up. Too stupid to
own a dog, in other words.

My preference is to use the existing laws in my favor. Here, it's 3
strikes and your doggy is taken away forever. That usually takes
weeks. I've learned to compress the process into as little as a week
in one case. This usually involves retraining the dog catcher. Many
believe the dog owner should have a little time in between visits,
to "think about their mistake". Nope.

As far as eliminating the animal, I'd prefer to use a bullet, but
this is not possible in my neighborhood. However, make no mistake
about this, Jimmy boy: All day long, farmers cause nuisance animals
to vanish, and it's perfectly legal.

FARMERS,in agriculture-zoned areas,sure.
But most if not all of the queries HERE are from URBAN
homeowners,where it is is NOT legal.

Actually, in NY, you can end any animal that damages ANY food crop.

And WHERE do people grow food crops? Farms.
Most people posting here have not mentioned any gardens being devastated.
You're reaching again.AND trying to use an exemption as the general rule.

Not dependent on zoning. Call the NYS DEC for clarification. This
obviously does not address methods.

If I had the opportunity, I'd do the
same. You can claim that a dog is different from an insect because
people are emotionally attached to dogs, but that matters little to
anyone but the dog owner.

And the law authorities.

They need to find a dead animal first. The key word is "find".
Otherwise, all they have is a missing pet report.

Ah,so you advocate an illegal act,then compound it by hiding evidence,a
second illegal act.
You must be a wonderful law-abiding citizen.(not)

I live in an apartment,and I have about 30 years of experience with
dog owners and poop where it shouldn't be. There are a minority of
owners who either curb their dog in the proper places or clean up
after them without instruction,then there are the ones who were just
unaware or clueless(who straighten up after a talk.),and then the
ones who just don't care(even after you talk with them).

So,that's THREE types.

Well, even many of the owners who clean up fall into one of the other
two categories, because they won't obey a polite request from a
property owner to do it elsewhere. Or, perhaps that puts them into yet
another category: Criminal, since trespassing is illegal.

Well,as I said;APARTMENT(and "curb their dog in the *proper* places"),so
there are "common areas".The first type,those that clean up afterwards
without any prompting,are the sort that would not use another person's yard
anyways. "curb their dog in the *proper* places" should have been a clue to
you.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik