Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Charlie wrote:
Why not just tile over them? Tiles for this sort of area won't cost
much, and you might find some end of range even cheaper. Solid marble
ones can look really good for a hearth.

Ah yes - but the existing tiles are sunk into the floor, and there's a
matching fireplace at the other end of the room (with a plain
concrete hearth) which I can't tile over due conflicts with table
legs! I'm hoping to paint the concrete hearth the same colour at
least, even possibly with some faked up squares to look like tiles.

Ok - but painted tiles are likely to look naff in the extreme.

--
*I brake for no apparent reason.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.