Peter Parry

On 2 Aug 2005 01:02:24 -0700, wrote:

TO GET OVER MY PROBLEM - SHOULD I HAVE THE FIBRE GLASS INSULATION
REMOVED FROM MY LOFT -

Depends upon whether you feel the large cost would be worth it.

this I suppose is not an easy task and is itself hazardous.

It isn't hazardous at all but it isn't particularly easy and would
fill your house with fibreglass particles.

If you wanted to ensure few fibres escaped during the process then
you would have to commission work similar to that used for removal of
blown asbestos insulation and that would be very expensive (several
thousand pounds).

the insulation people just covered the whole of the attice and all the
joist. I thought they would have tucked the insulation material in between the
joists.

Depends upon the depth laid, modern insulation standards call for
insulation depths greater than the joist depth so insulation rolls
are often laid between joists and a second layer added over that at
right angles to the first.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/