ricky

I highly recommend a DVD player, that has an AT attachment (40 wire cable
like a computer DVD ROM)Norcent DP300 payed $40 3 years ago still works
great,plays all files except DIVX.
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. ..
Jonathan wrote:
Probably needs a new spindle motor.

Must be nice to be psychic. While the spindle motor is possible, this

series
of machines have bad pickups all the time. Replacement is simply too
expensive - you can often buy a whole new machine for less. Next time buy
separates. I recommend Pioneer for a DVD player, their pickups seem to

last
much longer on the average.

Mark Z

wrote in message
Hello,

Any ideas on why this unit displays a error when trying to read a
DVD? It seems the DVD starts to spin and then slows down and then ERROR
on the display.

I did clean the laser lens. That did not help.

Is it a bad laser? Can this unit be calibrated through the menus
like on some of the other Sony DVD Players?

TIA
Jimmy