John B

bremen68 wrote:
Hi folks........(there's a Gloat in this too)....Needs some advice for
attaching a metal lumber rack to a poured concrete wall.

Found a pleasant surprise when I realized that a rack that was storing
my wifes decorations and various nick nacks was actually a steel lumber
rack. I have since removed it and will replace her storage in a bit
with a nice new enclosed cabinet. (she's happy that it will be
enclosed.....She's happy....I'm happy)

Anyway...(Gloat warning)..I'm getting a BUNCH of lumber from my
father-in-law to put on this rack after I get it installed. Oak,
walnut, poplar, and cedar. All most all of the boards are 7/8 thick,
10 feet in length and anywhere from 5 to 8 inches wide rough cut. It
also has been drying for probably 15 or more years. :-) I love my
dad-in-law. Really, I do.

The rack is angle steel frame with 9/16 inch holes for bolts down each
post. I have five posts. Then there are arms that fit into the posts
to hold the lumber......

What's the best way to install the bolts that I need to put into the
concrete? I realize I'll need to drill the holes, but is a straight
concrete screw the best bet or should I use some sort of "molly" in the
hole and then the screw......I realize that there's going to be some
serious weight on these and would prefer not to have them come crashing
down.

Thanks.

I'd use "Dyna Bolts"