Guess who

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 04:26:21 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

Don't be surprised if jack hammering out the existing crowned pad and
pouring a whole new, mesh reinforced pad doesn't turn out to be the
least expense way to do the job.

That was my first thought, but also because once done, the floor can
be whatever reasonable thickness is required without the variation
otherwise. I didn't suggest it since I thought the OP might object,
so offered the other alternative of a bonding material. So, I'd go
along with you that this is the best approach in the long run.

So, rent a jack-hammer and go for it. You might have to rent somebody
to use the hammer, but again you can do that and then get on with what
you really want to do, your woodworking.