Doug Kanter

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
Yeah, I know, not this topic again... But this is getting ridiculous.

I have a string of about 6 pot fixtures in the basement with BR30
bulbs. The fixtures are switched by a pair of 3 way switches.
The fixtures are open to the air - the ceiling hasn't been
drywalled (yet).

The bulbs are burning out at a very high rate. Within a week
of getting them all working again, at least one goes out, within
another month, usually all of them are dead.

As far as I can remember, these have all been Sylvanias, some
"extended lifetime" (hah!).

Most of the time, a bulb expires when we "flick" (as opposed to
"sloowwly presssss" ;-) one of the threeways. The threeway switches
are relatively newish decora type switches. Probably cheapies -
I'll bet they bounce a lot.

I'm looking for real-world experience here - has anybody solved
lamp burnouts like this by replacing the switches? Are there
line filters for this sort of purpose?

I want to exhaust those possibilities before going on an expensive
quest for more expensive bulbs.

Not familiar with BR30 bulbs. Are they incandescent or fluorescent? If
incandescent, is it possible that foot traffic from above is causing enough
vibration to ruin the bulbs? If fluorescent, never mind....