TURTLE

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in message
ups.com...

TURTLE wrote:

Me i would want a Rheem , but carrier is not bad ,but i'm not sure about
Tappen.

What's the difference among brands when they contain the same major
components (motors, compressor, coils)? Because I have a packaged Heil
that's now on its third indoor fan time delay board, and the first two
eventually wouldn't turn on that fan sometimes (maybe 1 in 10 to 1 in
50 times). I don't understand why something so simple would fail twice
in four years because when I saw the circuit board, it resembled an
ordinary 555 timer circuit that should be child's play to make them
reliable. This kind of circuit has been featured a lot in electronics
hobby project magazines.

We didn't buy a Rheem because the previous A/C was a 10-year-old Rheem,
and its evaporator pan rusted out, and then 1-2 years later the
evaporator developed black drips all over it.

This is Turtle

Rheem had it's bad years from 1988 to 1993 and you got one I guess but good now.
You say you got a Packaged Hell unit. Carrier Bought them out and I'm still
wondering about them being good or not. The above words i speak are from working
on them and not talking about them.

Now above all said here the most important thing there is to concider is the
Installer as to making it run correctly in the future. A Good Installer will
know about these problems and just not sell that brand till the trouble stops ,
but above all install it right and not have problem that most have. if all hvac
equipment was installed exactly like it should be installed. we would not need
1/2 the hvac people in the industry to repair the units out there.

One last thing here , the time delay you spoke about could be having a problem
when too cold of discharge air because of too small or not enought of flow
through the duct system. if the air is too cold because of not enough of return
air to the building. It can form moisture on the board and eat it up. Water on
relay board is a bad mix.

TURTLE