Charles Spitzer

"Les" wrote in message
.. .
Planning on buying all new kitchen appliances, since they are all about 18
yrs old. Currently have a hood over the range that has a fan and light as
part of it. I would like to replace the hood with a microwave oven over
the
range.

My condo is 18 yrs old. Can I assume that since I have electricity with
the
hood, that the electrical wiring is ample for the microwave, like the
salesman says? Or how can it be tested to make sure that the current
electrical wiring is OK?

--
Have a great day, except you spammers
To email, remove the obvious

no. current code is separate line for a microwave. you probably have an
outlet on a general lighting circuit, which is shared amongst other sockets,
and probably isn't a 20 amp circuit anyway.

you're going to trust a salesman, who hasn't ever seen your place, as to
what you have inside your walls?