Peter Parry

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 00:44:49 +0100, Will wrote:

In article ,
says...

For the last twelve years or so my job has necessitated the
occasional couple of hours in various glassfibre insulated loft spaces.
If I don't have a mask handy, then usually within a few minutes I am
reduced to a helpless coughing wreck. the coughing often lasts to some
degree for an hour or two after the exposure. I have also noticed that
the earlier green, more abrasive glassfibre is much more dusty, and
causes more or stronger symptoms.

Any particulate matter can cause irritation and coughing, fibreglass
in particular can also irritate the skin. What fibreglass cannot do
is cause an allergic reaction.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/