Charlie

Default Hearth tiles

Hi all,

I have a 1930's council house with a hearth that has had most of the
old fireplace removed, so it's basically just a brick-lined hole.

We're putting up a new fire surround, but my question is about the
tiles in the hearth. They appear to be the original tiles, made of
ceramic, but they're rather worn and a few have chips and holes.

Digging them out is going to be a right pain as they're bedded in
concrete; thus I'm thinking we could repair them with some kind of
filler and then paint them. Does anyone have any idea what we could
use to fill them?

Charlie