raden

In message , writes
On 1 Aug,
wrote:

This subject has somewhat concerned me for years, but only around the
times I've been installing it or working in an attic. (IMHE it never
properly settles - even a minor disturbance stirs it up again). Then I
forget about it... until you see the subject on uk.d-i-y....

My concern is the comparison with asbestos - I've known 2 people who
died of asbestosis. My (limited) understanding is that asbestosis (&
isn't there a similar lung-choking complaint that coal miners get?) is
that its primary cause is breathing asbestos dust into the lungs.

The party line (I'm *not* convinced by it)

The problem with asbestos is that the fibres will break up into finer
particles, eventually being small enough to peirce the mitochondria of cells,
and even the DNA molecules.

Really ?

--
geoff