Hugo Nebula wrote:
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:13:42 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
Jonathan randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

For the past three years I have been building an Anglo-Saxon castle in
the garden of my house, using only traditional tools and materials.

You've probably gone into this already, but I think you should be
aware that if this castle is more than 30m=B2 in floor area or contains
sleeping accommodation, you should have submitted a Building
Regulations application. I'm not sure on whether you need Planning
Permission too. A quick note shot through the window of your Local
Council offices on an arrow would be in order, just to be on the safe
side.

Actually, I think you need to go higher than that. From a visit to
Leeds Castle a while back, ISTR that if you want those fancy
up-and-down walls at the top and cross-shaped windows through which to
fire said arrow, you need a Licence to Crenellate available only on
personal application to the Queen. The penalties for failure in this
respect are somewhat higher than those for normal planning violations,
as who knows what you are up to that needs these fortifications?
Customarily, you would be invited on a one-way trip to examine the
architecture of the Tower of London, entering by a special gate off the
Thames reserved for such guests.

But no doubt you have all this in hand.

Chris