raden

In message , MM
writes
On 1 Aug 2005 12:27:17 -0700, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

I don't think landfill is the problem but other more eurofriendly
methods of recycling. If these things are put in incinerators they all
produce harmful toxins that might easily reach the atmosphere.

I rather think the general trend is a move away from landfill. And as
for China, I think the move to more eco friendly ingredients would be a
lifesaver there, as old computer parts are sent to China where illegal
back street workshops maim (and even kill) hundreds if not thousands in
the recovery of lead solder from pcb boards.

One of the problems with pcb boards is the plethora of connections
that need soldering. We should have a lot more solid state devices
that can be snapped together without solder. Modern motherboards look
like they've been designed by that "Shakespeare" group of monkeys who
have taken time off from their rows of typewriters. When will a
"motherboard" be 1 inch square, consisting largely of take off points
for network, modem, printer, VDU etc, all moulded into, not soldered
onto, the package housing?

I think you have a lot to learn grasshopper

--
geoff