Peter Parry

On 1 Aug 2005 11:20:54 -0700, wrote:

It made me think that I am allergic to the material they used.

I'd apply for a Nobel prize then, you have just discovered proteins
in fibreglass.

I told them to remove it and put something else.

Can guess what they thought of that idea.

Is there something else ?

Several substances, most can cause slight irritation (but none can
cause allergy).

and how many people have this type of loft insulation

Well over half the countries houses at a guess.

is it safe in the long run ?

It is perfectly safe in both the long and short run.

Does this material in time become "friendly", ie not causing itchiness
and wheezing to the chest.

It can cause skin irritation when disturbed or handled, the other
symptoms are mostly psychosomatic.

Why do they put this kind of material in the lost - is it really that
effective for heat preservation in the winter ?

Yes, that's why it is used.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/