Weatherlawyer

I don't think landfill is the problem but other more eurofriendly
methods of recycling. If these things are put in incinerators they all
produce harmful toxins that might easily reach the atmosphere.

I rather think the general trend is a move away from landfill. And as
for China, I think the move to more eco friendly ingredients would be a
lifesaver there, as old computer parts are sent to China where illegal
back street workshops maim (and even kill) hundreds if not thousands in
the recovery of lead solder from pcb boards.