William R. Walsh

Hi!

Yeah, the Zurn units where I work look like they could hold 4 AA
batteries. 2000 flushes, huh? I wonder if that's been tested

I don't know, but it might make for an interesting experiment! :-D

Of course, with the programmed in delay (you can't just make it flush unless
you cover the sensor for a while first...there is no "rapid firing" of this
unit allowed) you might be in the bathroom for a LONG time.

The manual also gave the specs for carbon-zinc batteries, which didn't seem
to have near the lifetime. I'm not too surprised by this--carbon zinc
batteries seem to do a lot better with a steady low load on them.

Very theoretically I could take the one at work off and examine it. The key
is hanging in the janitor's closet, which is not usually locked up. Of
course, if I tried something would probably go wrong and water would start
gushing from the valve.

William