Hugh Prescott

Paid $1,100 for a round ram of 1962 vintage with 2 axis DRO.

Clean with little wear with 1J head.

From a major shop closing down 100 miles North of St. Louis.

Hugh

"Awesomewiz" wrote in message
.. .
A buddy got the round ram one from his uncle man is that a pain to find
parts for, and the collets are abit small, but hey it works. This one

takes
the standard r-8 collets. Do you think the price is fair? I bought it

for
$1500, with the motor burnt and hooked it up this way but that was before
the 9/11 attack and it seems like prices dropped because of all the places
going out of the business.
Russ

"rigger" wrote in message
ups.com...
I think Roy is referencing the number on the "J" head. It's been a
long time but maybe someone can tell us if it was dovetail or round ram
in the mid 50's. There should be another number stamped, I think, on
the lower vertical way surface. BTW the chrome ways were probably an
option at the time your machine was built and for some reason this
feature was slow to catch-on (at least around Chicago from '63 till
around '76).