Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:26:55 -0400, Mungo Bulge top-posted:

to do a very un-Canadian thing. He wrote a half page column explaining
why. I would dearly love to post a link to the article, but alas, this
is Canada and we tend not to post such boastings on the internet. The
newspaper chose to e-publish an article on T.E. Lawrence instead,
"Making war 'upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a
knife.' (see the tie-in?).

OK, you've pulled my chain. ;-)

Anybody here smart enough to parse, "Making war upon rebellion..."

What's the rebellion against in the first place? The emporer, or the
invaders?

Sheesh!

OBTW, how _are_ the invasions going these days? Lately, I've been
surfing the various news channels just to check out the hottest
weather babe. leer, snort ;-Q

Cheers!
Rich

To make a long story short (too late) the upshot is this. The Canadian
space industry employs 8,000 people, generated 2.4 billion dollars in
revenue last year, and the Canadian government only put 300 million into
it (not enough to make the movie). Best part, more than half the revenue
came from exports. Being that Canada is one of the most heavily taxed
nations, it wouldn't surprise anyone to know that a good chunk of that
2.4B$ ends up back in the government coffers to be use to alleviate the
'social problems of the world.' With the economics of scale applied, I
imagine that your situation in the states is the same. You probably get
just as much bang for your space buck as we do.