Doug Kanter

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
" wrote in
oups.com:

Dog will eat the sponges and possibly block his digestive tract
and die.

Thanks Ed. I learn something new and useful seemingly every day
here on alt.home.repair

Yes, that many posters give out bad advice.

I'm sure you've killed a few mosquitoes and other bugs over the
years because they annoyed you. Do you recommend it to other people?

Only you would equate killing mosquitoes and dogs.

Live in a Disney fantasy world if you like, but there's really no
difference.

Only in your opinion.

It's chauvinistic for people to claim one type of life has
more value than another.

I get the impression you would like to live in a lawless society.
There are laws in just about every state about harming domestic pets,but
you would rather act on your own and leave lethal traps for them(except
that the law doesn't see it that way.),in "defense of your
property",rather
than talk to the owner,or get the authorities involved.

Naturally, you know what's best IN THEORY, but I've dealt with irresponsible
dog owners for the past 25 years. There are two types and ONLY two types:

Type 1: Knows that what they're doing is wrong, but doesn't give a damn.
Type 2: Doesn't realize that they're ****ed up. Too stupid to own a dog, in
other words.

My preference is to use the existing laws in my favor. Here, it's 3 strikes
and your doggy is taken away forever. That usually takes weeks. I've learned
to compress the process into as little as a week in one case. This usually
involves retraining the dog catcher. Many believe the dog owner should have
a little time in between visits, to "think about their mistake". Nope.

As far as eliminating the animal, I'd prefer to use a bullet, but this is
not possible in my neighborhood. However, make no mistake about this, Jimmy
boy: All day long, farmers cause nuisance animals to vanish, and it's
perfectly legal. If I had the opportunity, I'd do the same. You can claim
that a dog is different from an insect because people are emotionally
attached to dogs, but that matters little to anyone but the dog owner.