MP

Hi Andy

Tested the micro-switches and they work fine.

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:16:52 +0100, "MP" wrote:

Hi there.

Well, my boiler isn't firing up for hot water or heating!!

What I know is :-

1. The boiler pump works
2. The system pump works

There are two pumps?

3. The 3-way electric switch works (and I've just changed the motor).

Do you mean the diverter valve? have you checked the microswitch?
This normally provides a switched live to the boiler to fire it up.
Have you checked that at the boiler end?

So I assume (and only assume) it must be the ignition switch on the
boiler,
right??

It could be one of a number of components in the boiler. You don't
say what type the boiler is so it would be hard to say what the
problem is. Some boilers have simple thermostats etc. while others
have boards of electronics. Malfunction of any of several could
prevent the boiler from firing,

If so any idea on repair cost, or is it worth joining the British Gas
service scheme (£10 per month) and use their services??

With this amount of information, it would be difficult to predict the
cost of repair.

It's never worth joining BG's service scheme because service level is
poor, as is value for money. Also, they are not likely to take on a
system for maintenance that is not currently working. You would have
to pay for a fix first.

You would be better off getting a local CORGI fitter to do the job.

--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl