Set Square

MP wrote:

Hi there.

Well, my boiler isn't firing up for hot water or heating!!

What I know is :-

1. The boiler pump works
2. The system pump works
3. The 3-way electric switch works (and I've just changed the motor).

So I assume (and only assume) it must be the ignition switch on the
boiler, right??

If so any idea on repair cost, or is it worth joining the British Gas
service scheme (£10 per month) and use their services??

Regards

Matt

What make and model of boiler it is? Does it have an overheat cutout which
may need resetting? Is it getting a switched live demand signal from the
control system?

Whatever else you do *don't* use BG's service contract. In any case, AIUI,
they will only take on a *working* system - and will insist on fixing the
current problem at your expense before starting the contract.
--
Cheers,
Set Square