Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
antgel writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

A reskim always looks better than lining paper in my view.

Does the whole wall need to be reskimmed or can it just cover the
formerly tiled area? I ask as if it's (1), I'm not doing it, but if
it's (2), I'll have a crack.

If you are skimming a wall, it's best to do it all unless
it's a very big wall and the area needing skimming is small.
You can't feather a plaster edge by just making it thin to
nothing, so you're going to have a line where the skimming
stops unless there's already a step in the wall surface which
is the tickness of the plaster skim.

You don't need to skim behind tiles at all.

--
Andrew Gabriel