Mary Fisher

wrote in message ...
Mary Fisher wrote:

wrote in message
This is another part of our "what to do with the gravel" campaign.

What's chicken proof but not
water proof?

Nothing.

Mary

Thank you for that deeply philosophical answer! :-)

I speak from deep philosophical experience :-)

Actually I think the 'paving with holes' suggestion in the other
gravel thread might well be the answer for this too. The chickens
will be able to peck in the holes etc. but they won't be able to pull
(much) soil out.

My first instinct was to say stone or concrete slabs but you did say not
waterproof. If you left half an inch or so between the slabs and either
filled the gaps with sand or let them fill up themselves it should be
OK.That's what we've done next to the back of our house.

Mary

--
Chris Green