Rob Morley

In article , "Mike
Harrison" says...
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:11:38 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

In article , "MM"
says...
I thought it was, or in the process of being, banned, yet I saw reels
of it on the shelves of my local hardware store this morning and the
man said it was news to him that lead-containing solder had been
banned. He reckoned his suppliers kept him up to speed on legislation.

Lead solder in plumbing has already been banned. In electronics it
will be banned next year.

..but only in certain types of equipment (consumer & IT, broadly), and not for repair of existing
equipment. It's not going to vanish off the shelves any time soon.

Will boards be marked with the type of solder that has been used? I
can see compatibilty problems looming.