mrcheerful . wrote:

What about that paving that lets grass grow through? The appearance is
grass that you mow, but the support is like paving, they use it for airfield
taxiways, car parks that are only used sometimes and the like. The
slightly cheaper alternative is sold by screwfix and is like a honeycomb of
plastic, the soil goes in the holes and the hexs keep people and cars from
crushing it.

Now that is an idea, thanks, I've seen that in various places and
mowing is something we can do. We have a small rotary mower, two
strimmers, a Viking sickle bar mower, a Kubota ride on mower and a big
topping mower for the tractor! :-)

It might also solve the bits around th house problem too.

--
Chris Green