Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:57:27 -0500, Gene Goldenfeld
wrote:

I'd like to ask some guidance on this one before going off to a repair
shop, or forbid, having to buy a new TV. Out of the blue the other day,
the power button on my late 1980s vintage RCA 27" didn't draw a
reponse. After determining it wasn't a source problem, I pushed reset
and it started up. Since then it won't power up and pushing reset
doesn't help. This model - JKR985RR - is one of those 'race track'
models, as one tech once called it, i.e., the kind built rock solid with
a bigger transformer (and power supply?) to withstand use at places like
race tracks and work forever. Is this likely the power supply or
transformer that's gone bad? Thanks,

Gene Goldenfeld

That apparently is a CTC131...reset switch??

Tom