nightjar

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just wondered what the views are of those who have been through this
before. I am in the latter stages of buying a 4 bed Victorian detached
which has been extended. The structural survey has come back showing
rising damp in the lower walls of 2 downstairs reception rooms. I am a
novice when it comes to 100+ year old properties.

The Victorian part of the house has no damp proof course from what we
can make out. Is this a concern and should I get one put in?

I have a damp proof surveyor coming to look at the property on Wed -
though I know he'll say various pieces of work need doing.

Some advice I have read says that Victorian properties are damp period
and you should be wary of going over the top and doing unnecessary
work....

Thoughts?

Try reading

http://www.dampnessdiagnosis.com/