Grumps

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article ,
Grumps wrote:
My mother has a 37 year old hot-air central heating system. She has been
paying regularly for BG maintenance. This year, during the annual
inspection/safety check, they condemned the system as unsafe.

Neighbour had her system condemned at the first inspection after 18 months

of
paying the fees. My daughter had hers condemned at first inspection. I

regard
BG personnel as purely high pressure salespeople with an extra-special

intro
into your home. I'd be pleased to find that my cynicism is unfounded.

But what can we realistically do? Get a 3rd party to examine the system (at
our cost)?

What makes the flame burn yellow? Is this a terminal disease?