IMM

Default Petrol in Diesel Engine

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:10:33 +0100, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

Well any diesel I have driven, including BMW's finest., all felt like
they had to be rowed along on the gearbox. The low end torque that is
talked about never manifested itself in my presence.

I drive a diesel Freelander which is really a tractor with a bit of
fancy bodywork bolted on

Sad I know. An automotive engineer neighbour had one and sent it back as it
was naff and broke down a lot.

A few weeks back I got to hire a Mondeo TDCi for a couple of days
whilst my Freelander was in for servicing. I didn't check what was
under the bonnet of the TDCi, but the thing went like lightning
(comparitively to the Freelander) when I hoofed it. I thought "hell,
these petrol engines sure put the diesel to shame!".

When I got home I got the user manual out. This thing I was giving
credit to was a 2L diesel. Went like a steam train on steroids when
you put the hammer down, plenty of grunt and really smooth.

You shold have drove the pretrol one then.

The new TD4 Freelander is a lot better as well.

It can't get any worse can it?

---