George

"Dave" wrote in message
news:At8He.228220$nG6.223878@attbi_s22...
Being new to bowl and spindle turning I would like to know what size set
should I start out with if I were to buy a set? I see where Woodcraft is
going to have their 8" set on sale soon.
Thanks for your help.

For tenon sizing and a lot of spindle pattern work, use your open-end
wrenches. After that, go for calipers with good reach to supplement your
flesh-covered pair in determining wall thickness on faceplate turnings.

Since calipers of the cheapest sort will do for most other spindle work, at
perhaps a cost of a bit of inconvenience, save your bucks for something
versatile and useful like.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...330,49237&ap=1