Moray Cuthill

"Murphy" wrote in message
I am learning about hydraulics presently and am fascinated by their
simplicity and potential. There are a number of issues that are still
unclear to me and I would be appreciative if someone could answer these
questions if I post them here from time to time...

The first being with regards to the hydraulic pump. It appears that 2200
PSI is a standard line pressure used in hydraulics, do all pumps produce
this pressure with the variation between pumps being the flowrate or are
all pumps basically the same with the flow rate and pressure being
determined by the power source for the pump ?

For example does a pump produce either high pressure at a low flow rate or
low pressure at a high flow rate with the flow rate and pressure
determined by the power source ?

I understand that

One off the basic concepts to understand is, pumps only create flow. The
pressure is caused by resistance to that flow (ie the load).